CSU Preferred Software Vendor: SHI Replaces DellASAP
The CSU contract for our preferred software vendor replaced DellASAP beginning with SHI (pronounced shy) beginning December 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2019. The new vendor's website includes the ability to request online quotes and pay for software online. Contact Purchasing for information about how to use your pcard to make a purchase at SHI software (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The SHI California State University inside Support Team is available to provide pricing, availability, order entry, tracking, returns and product information. The inside support team is available between the hours of 8am to 5pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday at Phone: (800) 535-5210 Fax: 1-800-814-7567 and email: email@example.com
The SHI CSU account executive, Erin Lupo, can be contacted when you need information or support not provided by the inside SHI Support Team. Since Erin is the account executive for the entire CSU, use the Inside Support Team liberally. Contact Erin for more out of the ordinary issues.
SHI Website: Search for Products
You do not need to create an account on the SHI website. Campus technical staff can log into SHI's site using Shibboleth to research prices, get quotes, and save quotes for future reference:
Log on to https://ds.calstate.edu/?svc=shi&env=prod.
Searching for a Product
- Click on the Product Search link in the right hand navigation pane:
- In the Refine Your Search box, enter in the keywords for your search and click on the Search button. You can also use the drop down menus to filter the results.
Generating a Quote
- When you find the product you're interested in, add it to your shopping cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon next to the product's description.
- Next, click on Shopping Cart.
- If you need a quote, click on Save as Quote in the right hand navigation pane.
- Enter in a name for the quote in the Quote Name field. If you would like to send this quote to someone else, enter their email address in the Additional email address (es)... field. You can include additional comments in the Comments field.
- Click on Save As Quote. The quote will be saved for further reference, and a copy of the quote will be emailed to you and anyone else you designated.
Viewing Saved Quotes
- On the SHI home screen click on Orders and Quotes, Retrieve quotes. A list of your saved quotes will be displayed. Click on a quote to view the quote details.