Once you have been assigned permissions to send from a shared account (or as a distribution list), you will need to set up the "Send As" ability for the user in Outlook 2011.
1. In Outlook 2011, go to Tools > Accounts:
Figure 1: Tool menu, Accounts
2. Click on the + ("Add") button at the bottom of the accounts list, and select Exchange to add an email account.
Figure: 2 Exchange option from new account drop down
3. Enter account information. When you have filled in all the information, click Add Account.
- Enter the email address of the distribution list and the password for your own mailbox.
- For User name, use your mailbox address.
- To find Incoming server and Outgoing server settings, navigate to Admin Control Panel > Get started > Advanced settings.
Figure 3: Enter account info.
Using the new feature
Now that you have set up the delegate permissions, you will be able to select the primary mailbox or the distribution list as the sender address when composing a message. To do this, create a new message, click the arrow next to the From field, and select the desired sender address from the list.
Figure 4: Choose the account you wish to send from