Who Can Use the Service?
- CSULB faculty and staff can request a SharePoint Online site.
- Non-CSULB users can participate in a SharePoint Online site after being invited by site owner.
- Upon creation, every SharePoint site is assigned an owner who can assign permissions and access to the site content. These permissions can be changed for specific libraries, lists, or documents and items with those libraries and lists.
How to Request a SharePoint Site
Faculty and Staff must first contact their college or department Technology Coordinator to request a SharePoint site. The Technology Coordinator will collect details about the request and submit a request ticket to DoIT. The following details are required when requesting a new SharePoint site (link to current KB article).
- Site title (can include spaces)
- Site web address in the form “DEPT-Function“. URL will be csulb.sharepoint.com/sites/DEPT-Function
- Site owner(s) (unless otherwise noted, the requesting technical coordinator will be included as a site owner)
How to Access a SharePoint Online Site
1. Login to CSULB's SSO: https://sso.csulb.edu
2. Select the Office 365 Employee Apps
3. Click on the SharePoint tile in Office 365
4. If you do not see the site on the SharePoint dashboard, you can search for the site by name using the search bar near the top of the page.
5. Once the site is found, it’s recommended that you click the “follow” button to save the site as a favorite, which will make it easier to find from your sites page.
A reliable internet connection is required to access SharePoint Online sites. All internet browsers are supported, but Internet Explorer is recommended, as it tends to be the most compatible.
- SharePoint Online training materials by Microsoft
- Various training available from Lynda.com (via SSO):
- SharePoint Online Essential Training (approx.. 9 hours)
- SharePoint Tips & Tricks (approx.. 2 hours)
- SharePoint Online New Features (approx.. 1 hour)
- Designing a SharePoint Taxonomy (approx.. 40 minutes)
Faculty and Staff are advised to first contact their immediate college or department Technology Coordinator/team for assistance. The Technology Help Desk can be contacted as secondary support at email@example.com or (562) 985-4959.