How to install and configure VMware View 5 Client on your mobile device or computer. This service is only available to the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM) G2 Computer Lab students.
Contact: Tom Tran (Tom.Tran@csulb.edu)
- Supported Products as of Oct. 11, 2012: Andriod Tablets, iPad, iPhone (iOS v6 or later), Kindle Fire, Linux, MAC and Windows
- Document written using MS Windows 7 64-bit and VMware View Client for 64-bit Windows version 5.2.0
- If there are questions regarding other operating systems, please contact Tom Tran
Figure 1A: Server Name
1. Download and install the VMware View Client for your mobile device or computer.
Important: look for a closed padlock icon. All communications are secured (see Figure 1B - green arrow pointed at the closed padlock icon).
Clink on the View Client for Windows to be re-directed to VMware website to download the compatible VMware View Client. Even though it says "… for Windows," other OSes are available for download.
2. VMware View Client for 64-bit Windows download website. Click on the Download button.
3. Double click on the installation file.
At the writing of this document, the product version is 5.2.0-848202 x64.
Step 1: Welcome to the Installation Wizard…Click Next
4. On step 3 of the installation wizard, be careful entering the Connection Server address. Typos will result in connection error.
5. There should be a VMware View Client icon on your desktop.
Note: Search for CSULB IT Knowledgebase for "Connecting to Virtual Desktop."