The following instructions describe how to use Windows 7 to connect to BeachNet+ and designate BeachNet+ as your default SSID (wireless network).
NOTE: To connect to BeachNet+, you must have a valid nine digit CampusID along with your BeachID password. If you have not activated your BeachID password, visit https://beachid.csulb.edu/. Also note that you will need to update your password on your mobile device whenever you update your BeachID password.
Connect to BeachNet+
1. Click the Wireless Network icon in the Windows Taskbar (typically located on the bottom right of your screen). It looks like a series of signal bars, and will have a yellow star on them if you're currently connected to a wireless network.
Figure 1: Windows taskbar icons
2. Click on Open Network and Sharing Center
Figure 2: Wireless network selections
3. Click Manage wireless networks
Figure 3: Manage wireless networks
4. Click Add
Figure 4: Add network
5. Click Manually create a network profile
Figure 5: Manually connect to network
6. Type in beachnet+ in the network name and select WPA2-Enterprise then click Next
Figure 6: Enter network information
7. Click Change connection settings
Figure 7: Change connection settings
8. Click on the Security tab. Make sure the authentication method is Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP). Then click the Settings button
Figure 8: Beachnet+ wireless properties
9. Check both "Validate server certificate" and "AddTrust External CA Root" then click the Configure button
Figure 9: EAP Properties
10. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name then click OK
Figure 10: Uncheck windows logon
11. Click Advanced settings
Figure 11: Advanced settings dialog
12. Check the Specify authentication mode and select User Authentication.
Figure 12: Advanced settings dialog
13. Click OK to close Advanced Settings.
14. Click OK to exit the beachnet+ Wireless Network Properties window.
15. Click Close to save the new beachnet+ profile.
16. Connect to beachnet+ wireless
Figure 13: Connect to Beachnet+
17. If you are prompted to Terminate or Connect, examine the certificate details for the Radius Server names "its-clear01.campus.ad.csulb.edu" or "its-clear02.campus.ad.csulb.edu" or "its-wifiauth01.campus.ad.csulb.edu" and is signed by AddTrust External CA Root or InCommons CA. Then click Connect.
Figure 14: Check certificate details and Connect